- To promote the development and education of young people through the Sail Training experience.
- To make Sail Training widely available to people of all backgrounds and abilities, with an emphasis on 15 – 30 year olds from the island of Ireland.
- To support Sail Training vessels registered in Ireland by recruiting and funding trainees.
- In the absence of Irish vessels, to seek international vessels of good standing to cater for trainees from Ireland.
- To develop a community of Sail Training participants and supporters.
- For our programmes to act as a steppingstone into employment, particularly in the maritime industry.
- To preserve and protect the maritime heritage of Ireland.